Saturday, May 28, 2016

Stacking the Shelves #1

So this morning I woke up to an exciting little email from Amazon that said a bunch of popular books were going to be on sale for today only! Of course, I had to check it out! What did I find, you ask? Only my favorite author of all time . . . Rick Riordan! Here's what I picked up for only $1.99 each!! (and remember that is today - Saturday the 28th - only!)


Seeing that The Son of Neptune, the second book in the Heroes of Olympus series, was on sale, I immediately picked that one. They also had many, if not all, of the Percy Jackson books but, as I already have all 5 of those in paperback, I decided to pick something else. Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard is supposed to be a series about Norse Mythology, centered around an entirely new group of characters than the Percy Jackson series so I was excited to check that one out, as well! I chose the first book, The Sword of Summer, of course. And for only $1.99 a piece? Who could resist that!

The only problem is, now I have to go back and finish the Percy Jackson series. Well, in all honesty, it's been long enough that I should probably go back and read all of them so that I know what's going on. The Heroes of Olympus series picks up after then end of the Percy Jackson series so I don't want to give away what happens in book 5 by starting a new series.

And lastly, I am participating in the #DashnerDash for the next few months as we re-read the entire series while waiting for the arrival of book 5 in the Maze Runner series, The Fever Code! It doesn't come out until September 27 but we will be reading one book a month, starting with the Maze Runner . . . well, yesterday! Each month on the 27th, we will be reading the next book! So I'm heading out to sit in the sun (while it lasts . . . looks like rain) and start re-reading one of my favorite dystopian books of all time!

Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone!

(If you'd like to share what you picked up this week, hop on over to Tynga's Reviews and link up!)