Sunday, May 22, 2016

What to Read to a 2 Year Old!

I am always talking about what books I am reading, books I have read and loved, or even that amazing best seller I am starting to write (well, hopefully someday it will be a bestseller). But these aren't the only books in my house. Far from it!

For the techy, college-student hubs, we have textbooks galore! Books about computers and programming and math and wow! Most of these things are way over my head. But that isn't the focus of today's post.

Today's post is about what my Little Boy reads. Yes, a 2 year old can enjoy books. I am sad to say that part of his enjoyment comes from coloring on the board books with crayons when Mom isn't looking but he also loves being read to. And I thought I would share a few of our favorites (the ones we have read over and over and OVER again). These books are special to us. These are books he just loves!



"Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" by Bill Martin Jr. and John Archambault
"Muddypaws" by Moira Butterfield

I was so excited to find, while looking for a picture of Muddypaws on Amazon, that there is an entire set of these books. Muddypaws has quite a few adventures so I am going to have to pick up a few of those and add them to our Little Boy TBR pile (a teensy bit shorter than Mom's pile at the moment). If you are looking for books to teach your child the alphabet or colors (One Sheep, Blue Sheep is FANTASTIC for color teaching), I highly recommend these books. And Muddypaws is sentimental to us because we have a 6-year-old golden retriever. Not as small as Muddypaws and thankfully not as dirty, either! 

If you'd like more board book suggestions (we don't do anything other than board books right now because he isn't too careful yet), let me know...I have tons!