Saturday, June 4, 2016

Stacking the Shelves #2

This week was amazing! It was the week of gorgeous covers and books that sound so exciting that I can't even wait to read them! Want to see?

First, I got these two beauties for review from NetGalley. I am so in love with these covers! Both Summoned and Stifled were published on May 17 of this year so if you want your own copy and don't have a NetGalley account, Amazon has them, too!  

Then there was a prequel novella in the Dorothy Must Die series, No Place Like Oz. I don't know if this is the premise for the whole series but I read one summary and it sounds like Dorothy goes back to Oz and becomes the new Wicked Witch. I don't think you can really call it a fairytale retelling but it's a freaking awesome retelling anyway! And then I got Voice of Gods by Eleanor Herman, another novella. This is part of the Blood of Gods and Royals series. I don't know much about this one at all but again, serious cover love! 

I think this one was on my Amazon free e-books email that I got a couple days ago and it sounded great so I grabbed it. I love books that are set back in the time of Christ or that center around people of that time. Christian Fiction/Historical Fiction, I guess. But seriously, the wife of Pontius Pilate . . . that one sounds like it's going to be interesting. 

And then there's one of my favorite series that I started reading years ago. It's about the Civil War times. 
North and South by John Jakes is one of my favorite Historical Fiction books ever. I am very interested in the Civil War and to find books that are set in that time (like Gone With the Wind and Scarlet) is so exciting for me. I look forward to re-reading this one and then diving into the other two in the series! 

Instead of doing two separate posts, I am linking this one up for Stacking the Shelves and Mailbox Monday this week. If you want to join Stacking the Shelves, jump on over to Tynga's Reviews and leave your link! Happy Saturday!