Wednesday, June 8, 2016

"Carve the Mark" by Veronica Roth (Waiting on Wednesday #1)

Waiting On Wednesday is a fun little link-up (is it a meme? I really don't know how to use that word lol!) hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. It's simple, really. What books are you waiting on the edge of your seat for them to be published?

I had to do a little digging to find my answer. I have mostly only been looking at books that are already published (or getting e-ARCs from NetGalley) because I don't want to wait. To be honest, that's it. But, I did put a couple pre-orders in my wishlist on Amazon so I'm going to share the one with you that I'm waiting for the most . . .

Carve the Mark
by Veronica Roth
Publish Date: January 17, 2017

Why I'm Waiting? Here is what Amazon starts out its description with . . . "Fans of Star Wars and Divergent will revel in internationally bestselling author Veronica Roth's stunning new science-fiction fantasy series."

Yes, you heard me right. Fans of Star Wars AND Divergent! Okay, to be honest, I wasn't a great fan of Divergent (mainly because of the end of the first book). When I read it, I was also not as open to certain things. You do certain things to certain characters, I get upset. I stop reading. Now, I'm a bit more open-minded. And combining Star Wars with Divergent . . . really? I don't think there's much better than that (yes, I am a HUGE Star Wars nerd). 

This one's going to be hard to wait for. January of next year! I can't wish away the summer just yet but oh my gosh, I want to read this! Check it out on Amazon if you want to add it to your pre-order pile too :)

So that's what I'm waiting for. What's on your list? 

linking up for . . .