Saturday, July 30, 2016

Author Interview #4 - Claressa Swensen

I am so excited to be doing my first author interview with a Children's Book Author! Little Boy and I reviewed her books a little while back and we adored them! So here's my interview with this gorgeous lady, Claressa Swensen!


Why did you decide to write kid's books? 
Well, I've always had a passion for creating things and I also really love kids (probably because I'm a child at heart myself), so I guess it's only natural I fell into writing children's books.

Did you always know you wanted to be a writer? If not, what did you want to be when you "grew up"?
When I was 15, I got my first job as a nanny, and have always worked as a nanny since then. I used to come up with fun stories to tell the kids that would teach little lessons, like learning to share or being kind to your siblings. So when I decided to hire an illustrator and publish my first story, there was a huge feeling of accomplishment there. And seeing the children interact and learn from my books has been the most rewarding part of it all. I guess writing has become a part of who I am, and I could never see myself quitting.

What is your favorite genre to read? Or how about a favorite author or book(s) that inspires your writing career? 
Well, I've always loved the Berenstain Bears' books. I try to incorporate the same meaningful values into my stories.

Who doesn't love the Berenstain Bears :) Okay, now for a fun little question: a favorite food? 
I enjoy ethnic foods. I love trying new things. My favorites are Curry and Italian!

Okay, how about anything else you would like to share with us? 
I actually just released the first book in a new Dinosaur rhyming series called "Dino Dino Doing Homework". The pictures are phenomenal and every one of my stories teaches a valuable lesson.
(Little Boy and I reviewed this one and loved it!)

Claressa, thank you so much for taking the time to interview with me! And if you'd like to stop by and say hi to her, you can follow Claressa on Facebook. Her books are also available on Amazon and YoungsterKids! Go check them out if you're looking for an adorable read for your little ones!