Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Book Review #15 "To Have and To Hold" by Serena Bell

Recently, I received another amazing romance novel from NetGalley (I picked it on a whim, not really reading much about it). I was shocked by it! Well, read for yourself :)

To Have and To Hold
(A Returning Home Novel)
by Serena Bell
Publish Date: July 19, 2016

Format Read: eARC from NetGalley for review
How Many Stars? 5

Synopsis: The reunion is supposed to be the start of the rest of their lives. But when Trina Levine sees the soldier she promised to love forever, Hunter Cross looks at her like she's a stranger. The connection is gone, lost in the blank stare of those soulful brown eyes. Hunter remembers his young daughter but not Trina, and he certainly can't recall why Trina and her own child are living in his house. Although his lean, rugged frame bears the scars of battle, his mind took the worst hit. 

But Hunter Cross hasn't forgotten everything. His body remembers caressing Trina's delicate curves, holding her close, never wanting to let go. Was it just a dream, or was it real life? Now, as he tries to put the pieces back together, Trina's the one who comforts him when his night terrors strike. It's Trina whose warm touch rekindles a connection no man could deny. Even with the odds stacked against them, Hunter wants to believe. Because passion has the power to awaken the past - and remake the future. 

My Scribbles: I have a confession . . . I really didn't read much of the synopsis of this book before requesting it. I was in the mood for a romance and blindly picked it based on cover and title (hey, before you judge, I have found some of my favorite new authors that way). So, when Hunter is promising Trina forever (before he deploys), I was expecting some sort of love story while he's overseas. I knew there would be drama because no drama, no story. But then he comes home with no memory of the last year (including his and Trina's very serious romance!) and I was shocked! Guess that's why you should read the synopsis first *grins sheepishly*

I haven't read many books with soldiers in them. This was new for me. It was frustrating every time Hunter decided they couldn't be together because he didn't want to hurt her like he hurt his wife, Dee (never loved her the way she deserved and then she died). I wanted to scream at him a few times (that's how you can tell a really good book . . . you can't help but yell at the characters when they're being stubborn or stupid). And Trina kept putting herself out there. And the tree houses and the airplane! 

I would highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a good romance novel. 5 stars, hands down! So, it comes out today . . . go get it!! Amazon has one; Barnes and Noble, too!