Monday, July 25, 2016

Book Review #16 "Defying Gravity" by Kendra C. Highley


I have been stuck in the romance genre recently so here's another of my romancey favs to add to your TBR!

Defying Gravity
by Kendra C. Highley
Publish Date: July 25, 2016 (today!)
Published by: Entangled: Crush
Genre: YA Contemporary Romance
Buy the Book: Amazon
Source: Entangled Publishing in exchange for review

How Many Stars: 5

Synopsis: Zoey Miller lives for her holidays in Aspen. Her time up on the mountain with the Madison brothers, Parker and Luke, is everything. But for the first time, it's not enough. This time, she's determined to win one of the brothers' hearts. 

But the brother she has in mind is a renowned player, with hordes of snow-bunnies following him around Snowmass resort. And the other . . . well, he's her best friend and knows she deserves better. Namely him. And he's going to win her heart. 

Disclaimer: this book contains enough sexual tension to melt snow, the hottest near-kiss in the history of near-kisses, and a sexy snowboarder determined to win the heart of the girl he loves.

My Scribbles: I received this book free in exchange for my review and about halfway through, I was already on Amazon pre-ordering a finished Kindle copy. It's also one I will most likely get a hard copy of if/when it goes to paperback. I loved this book! Right away, you find out that Parker is in love with Zoey but she has a crush on his older brother, Luke. They've been the Three Musketeers since they were kids but I found myself really disliking Luke through most of the book. He was a shallow jerk, a player. Out for another conquest, even trying to win a bet with Parker to see who can get Zoey. He's a playboy and I didn't like him. 

This book reminded me a little bit of the movie She's All That, what with the bet and the playboy lead. But unlike that movie, Zoey wasn't a nobody. She was the class president, beautiful, rich girl, best friend of both guys. 

Unfortunately, my opinion of Luke didn't change much at all through the book. It softened just a bit but I was solidly #TeamParker all the way! I enjoyed this book and as soon as it was done, I found myself wishing there was more. I really enjoyed the characters and, like always, found myself wanting to see what happens after the last page. 

Are you interested in receiving amazing books like this one to review? Sign up for Entangled Publishing's newsletter HERE and get your read-on!

a Rafflecopter giveaway