Friday, August 19, 2016

Review #20 "The Summer Before Forever" by Melissa Chambers

It's Friday and what could be better on a Friday than a chat about books! I am reviewing yet another from a publisher that has quickly been moving up my list of favorites.

The Summer Before Forever
(Before Forever #1)
by Melissa Chambers
Publish Date: August 22, 2016
Published by: Entangled Publishing
Genre: YA Romance
Buy It: Amazon
Source: Publisher/Author in exchange for an honest review

How Many Stars? 4

Synopsis: Some boys break your heart. Others teach you how to heal it. 

Chloe Stone's life is a hot mess. Determined to stop being so freaking skittish, she packs up her quasi-famous best friend and heads to Florida. The goal? Complete the summer bucket list to end all bucket lists. The problem? Her hot soon-to-be stepbrother, Landon Jacobs. 

Landon's mom will throttle him if he even looks at his future stepsister the wrong way. Problem is, Chloe is everything he didn't know he wanted, and that's . . . inconvenient. Watching her tear it up on a karaoke stage, stand up to his asshole friend, and rock her first string bikini destroys his sanity. 

But there's more than their future family on the line. Landon is hiding something - something he knows will change how she feels about him - and she's hiding something from him, too. And when the secrets come out, there's a good chance neither will look at the other the same way again . . . 

My Scribbles: I really enjoyed this book. I wasn't sure I was going to like it when they first started getting into the romance part because, well, they're going to be brother and sister by the end of the book. Not blood related but still. So I found myself reading along, intrigued to see how the author was going to solve that problem. And along the way, I fell for Landon, too. He's sweet and considerate and he stands up for Chloe, protecting her not only like a brother but also like a really amazing boyfriend. The more the book went on and I expected to be weirded out, I really wasn't. And Chloe! She's this shy girl in the beginning. She's been through some rough stuff and so her best friend, Jenna (not my favorite character but a pretty loyal best friend), comes up with this bucket list of things for Chloe to do to build up her confidence. So you get to watch shy Chloe, who's never really been in love before, go through these amazing changes as she works to be a stronger person. And it was a great love story, too. Definitely a great summery read!

Check out my review on Goodreads, too!