Friday, June 17, 2016

Read It/Hear It Review #1 "Not Your Match" by Lindzee Armstrong

Not Your Match
(No Match For Love #2) 
by Lindzee Armstrong
Narrated by Tiffany Williams

Format Read: Audible
Publish Date: June 13, 2016
Length: 7 hrs 19 mins
Source: author in exchange for review

How Many Stars? 5, wait can I go higher?
Synopsis: Sometimes it takes dating Mr. Wrong to find Mr. Right. 

Andi doesn't believe in matchmaking. But when her best friend buys her a subscription to Toujour, a professional matchmaking service, she agrees to give it a try. She's matched with a celebrity client, but he can't make her heart flutter or her limbs turn to mush the way Ben, her best friend's brother, can with a simple smile. 

When Ben's fiancee calls off their wedding - for the third time - he flees to Los Angeles, desperate for a new beginning. He moves in across the hall from Andi, his high school ballroom dance partner and his sister's best friend. Despite nursing a broken heart, his long-forgotten crush flares to life. He's just beginning to believe he can move past his breakup, and maybe even ask Andi out, when his ex-fiancee shows up on Christmas Day, determined to win him back. 

Dating the wrong people has convinced both Ben and Andi that what they really want is each other. All that's standing in their way is a fake boyfriend, a jealous ex-fiancee, and being afraid to risk their hearts. 

My Scribbles: This is the third book I have read in this series (counting the prequel, Meet Your Match) and I absolutely loved it, even though I was a little bummed in the beginning because I crashed off my Luke and Brooke high. But once I got into Andi's story, I enjoyed every minute. And it amazed me how, in the parts that overlapped Miss Match, I was still affected so much when certain things happened (sorry, can't tell you, spoilers!). It takes real talent to still make someone gasp when they have already read the scene, just from another person's point of view. 

As for the audio part of it, I enjoyed how the narrator was able to change her voice just enough so that you could tell someone different was speaking. I liked being able to hear the emphasis she put on certain words or phrases, giving you more of an insight into what the characters were really thinking when they spoke. It made me feel as though I was right there with them, instead of just listening to her read the book. 

Great job to both Lindzee and Tiffany! You made a great team! 

You can find Not Your Match on Audible, Amazon, Barnes & Noble. Thanks again, Lindzee, for joining us this week as Feature and for taking the time to do an interview with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment