Thursday, July 21, 2016

Mash-Up Review #1 - Claressa Swensen

I was recently approached by children's book author, Claressa Swensen, and asked if I would be interested in reviewing a few of her books for my blog. Of course, I said yes! Little Boy and I are always looking for new books to read! Most of the time, I like to get physical copies for him but lately, he is having so much fun turning the "pages" on the Galaxy tablet that I am just as willing to review Kindle books. And that's what we have here!

I am also going to try something a bit different. If I have multiple books that I want to showcase from an author, I'm going to do these mash-up reviews. You'll still get my opinions on each book (as well as what Little Boy seemed to think of them), but it will be in one post. So let's give it a try!

Mash-Up Review - Author Claressa Swensen
The Books: 

Nap Time with Harry
Illustrated by: Yogesh Mahajan
Publish Date: January 3, 2016
Age: 0-6
How Many Stars? 5

Our Scribbles: Little Boy and I really enjoyed this one. The first thing I thought of when I saw the flying car was Harry Potter. I thought it was a cute story about kids who didn't want to take naps but then they go to sleep one day and meet this flying car. Every nap after that, they get to go on adventures with the flying car. Little Boy doesn't like taking naps (even when he gets so tired that his little eyes are closing on their own) but he definitely liked the flying car! 

Dino Dino Doing Homework
Illustrated by: Yogesh Mahajan
Publish Date: June 14, 2016
Age: 2-10
How Many Stars? 5

Our Scribbles: Little Boy is on the lower end of the age range for this one but he definitely still enjoyed the dinosaur and the bright colors. I loved how cute this one was, while teaching kids to do their homework. But I have to admit, I thought the bright colors and the dinosaur were adorable, too. 

Teensy the Littlest Fairy
Illustrated by: Yogesh Mahajan
Publish Date: February 2, 2016
Age: 1-8
How Many Stars? 5

Our Scribbles: First of all . . . fairies! I think this one was probably my favorite. Teensy is a little fairy who is so tiny that she's often un-seen by the bigger fairies and the butterflies. They run into her. So she's sad and wants to get bigger. Her caterpillar friend tells her to eat vegetables. Of course, Teensy's first reaction is yuck! But then she learns there are all sorts of veggies and finds ones she likes. And guess what . . . she grows bigger! Little Boy loved this one because he loves his vegetables. He will eat just about anything you put in front of him. He had the most fun pointing out the different vegetables he found in this book. Very entertaining! 

Like what you see? Buy the books . . . 

And as an added bonus, Claressa Swensen will be joining us soon for an interview! Check back for more details! As always, let's help make reading fun for our little ones! 

No comments:

Post a Comment